Candide tells us “Il faut cultiver son jardin”.
I take that to mean that we should tend to the things that motivate us in life: food and friends.
To that end, I conducted some original research on how we have used food to brand our friendships via social media outlets over the past four years (and thus meant to post this as a #tbt, and then a #fbf, but both of those days passed me by…. so saturday, here we go)
Data presented in this paper comes from social media search engine, Facebook. Author’s friendship posts with each blog contributor (n=10) were examined from 2012-2016 to determine shared recipe count. Recipes were collected if the following were present a) hot cheese b) chocolate c) nutella d) chocolate again e) ice cream
- Life is better (more sexually appealing, better tasting, more enjoyable, with a higher potential for dopamine release) if you have hot cheese, specifically fondue:
- See Pesto Fondue and Garlic Herb Skillet Fondue.
- Grilled cheeses can also provide these benefits in your life. Specifically 31 different varieties of them.
- If you crave a more classy item, perhaps the butternut squash brie galette will excite your palette.
- If this wasn’t enough, prepare to be sexually amazed by hot cheese.
- Life is like a box of chocolates, except that you get to eat them all and you get to put them into delicious things like cookies, hot fudge and s’mores.
- In particular, chocolate chip cookies really awaked our social imagination and we felt the need to share recipes (Minimalist Baker), describe why they are the best, and also how to put chocolate chip cookies into our daily lives.
- Perhaps stemming from our twice-weekly dose of sundae bar to cure the Maine chill, hot fudge was also a hot ticket item: both how it could be incorporated into frosting and the intricate process of making hot fudge the centerpiece of a cupcake.
- In a similar vein, we expanded our views on brownie diversity. Not only did we expound on the good ole’ regular brownie and sundae brownie, we also ventured into the realm of the extravagant with oreo brownies and salted preztel fudge delights.
- We said more to s’mores. A whopping 39 different ways to make em.
- Is Nutella enough? Apparently not.
- It IS possible to think outside the chocolate cheese box when looking at recipes.
Cheers to eating with people you love. Have a glorious weekend and eat outrageously.